Monday, February 16, 2009

Key Lime Pie Day


The third Monday in February in Ontario technically we celebrate Family Day. The USA celebrates Presidents Day. My family actually celebrates Key Lime Pie Day.

My parents have a place in Florida and I have spent many mid Febrary's there. There is a local Publix grocery store which makes the best key lime pie. I have searched for a similar recipe and although it's not quite the same it's not too bad. Here you go.


Key Lime Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 pkg cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup key lime juice. (I've used lime juice but key lime is better. Sometimes you can find fresh ones in the grocery store but I have a bottle which came from Florida).

Mix and pour into the pie crust. Chill several hours until set.
It may not be the same as a trip south but it's a little bit of the south here in snowy Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment